Saturday, August 21, 2010

Math Printables

I’m in an ocean of cardstock, printer ink, and laminating pouches here.  And, for the most part, I’m loving it!  Never fear, I am planning lots of fun, active, non-paper activities to do with M this fall, but still… a girl needs a reason to use her laminator, right? ;)

The first printable is a set of autumn-themed playdough number mats.  A long enough title, no?  These are for help in learning numeral formation, practicing counting, and developing fine motor skills.  Laminate them (or put them in page protectors, which is probably what I’ll do) and then use with playdough.  Roll “snakes” to form the numerals, and roll “balls” to place on the objects on each page.  As the number gets higher the circles get smaller, so those fine motor skills get a good workout.

Autumn Number Play-doh Mats

 

Also, I made this quick little chart to count with and introduce graphing.  Place small items – beans, plastic counters, little stickers – in the boxes below each number.  The number of items placed should match the number at the top of the column.  Make sure to have 55 little items available as a control of error.  The child should have just enough to complete the grid.  M has already been doing this – once with beans and once with Tigger stickers. :)  He loves it and loves pointing out that stairs or a triangle (or a piece of pizza, as he says) are formed when the page is finished.

Number Stamping Chart 1-10

Have a beautiful day! :)

10 comments:

  1. oo great printables!! So much fun! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! Can you link it to our Math Links to share?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had just started thinking about fall themed 'stuff' and this printable is exactly what I needed! Thanks very much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to do playdoh letters and numbers. Thanks for making rhis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great printables. I really want to try playdoh letter formation to encourage both fine motor skills and writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great. I linked to them on littlelearners.georgia.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is terrific! I just printed out some numeracy play dough mats from Sparkle Box, for our Math Monday activity - then when I went to write up my post, I saw yours - even better! Thanks so much for sharing these, my girls will love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the playdough number mats! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Used this and linked back to you in this post:
    http://naturally-mum.blogspot.com/2010/10/wow-week-42.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment; I love reading them! If you ask a question and don't receive a personal reply, check back here for the answer. Often I reply via comment to something that might be of interest to others.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...