Thursday, June 10, 2010

Great Books for a Bug Theme

These are the books we read during our little bug unit... I recommend all of these, and I know there are a lot more out there that we didn't get to.  Feel free to leave your favorite bug book(s) in the comments! :)

We especially enjoyed the Backyard Books "Are You A..." series - we only read the spider and dragonfly ones, but they were so well done I'm anxious to read them all. They interested M and described the insect in perfect terms for a young child, while helping him imagine himself as the bug. I just can't say enough good things about them - be sure to check them out if you can find them!

Have a beautiful day! :)


4 comments:

  1. I am doing a bug theme this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "Are You A..." series sounds excellent. I am going to see if I can get my hands on these books as they seem like an ideal way to learn about bugs.

    I can relate to what you said about M and anything that has batteries being a hit. Today, Blakie spent a lot of time with one little battery operated train. He is mad for battery operated cars and trains. It is such a neat idea to do a craft that involves a flashlight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We also really enjoyed "Are You A..." series - we read Butterfly and Snail. I have to add - I enjoyed them more than Anna, since she is kind of different to insects :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole, I have an award for you on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment; I love reading them! If you ask a question and don't receive a personal reply, check back here for the answer. Often I reply via comment to something that might be of interest to others.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...