Monday, June 7, 2010

The Art Box – June 7, 2010

I’ve been doing some major reorganizing around our home lately (more posts on this soon!), and, while rearranging my craft stash, I set up two drawers of one cart for Art Box items. 
 
Now, once a week, M and I go down to our exercise / hobby room and I let him choose items from those two drawers to put in his Art Box for the week.  This has really renewed his interest and enthusiasm for his Art Box!
 
I keep the basics – glue, scissors, paint brushes, etc.  out for him, and he adds in the *fun* stuff – tubes, yarn, buttons, eyes, scrap paper, pipe cleaners, etc.  He really has fun choosing things and has ended up making some very interesting and 3-dimensional art…
 
A  collage made from a cork, pipe cleaners, tissue paper and a peanut butter lid:  may  2010 001
 
A collage for Grandpa (who was absolutely delighted to receive it) made from stamps, glitter, another peanut butter lid (lol), and some scrap felt pieces that M said looked like raviolis:
may  2010 002  
And yet another collage made with paint, scrapbook paper, another lid, a craft stick, pom poms, and buttons.  Whew.
may  2010 019 
A painting made with the roller, which is always a hit:
may  2010 020
 
A finger painting, the first one he’s done in ages:
may  2010 021
 
And, finally, a colored pasta and pipe cleaner collage:
may  2010 022
 
Creativity has been running rampant around here lately, which makes for a very happy mama!
 
Have some kids’ artwork you’d like to share?  Link up below!  Make sure to link back here  somewhere in your post
 
Have a beautiful day! :)
 

4 comments:

  1. I bet he's having so much fun at your house. Really, I don't think I've told you that before, but you deserve to hear it. It's great of you to let him just pick the art supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all of the collages :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. M is just a lil Picasso! He created some really beautiful things this week. :)

    And how fun you've included a linky party... I'll be adding my current post to the list. Thanks!

    Mari-Ann
    Counting Coconuts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the projects with lids - how creative. I think you are very clever in getting him to be interested in his art box again. He creates great art on his own.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment; I love reading them! If you ask a question and don't receive a personal reply, check back here for the answer. Often I reply via comment to something that might be of interest to others.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...