Saturday, April 3, 2010

Books of the Week – April 3, 2010



The Lorax, by Dr. Seuss:imageHow is it possible that I went my entire 37 years without reading this book? I’m a huge Dr. Seuss fan, even more so now than I was as a child. This book is basically a tale about how important it is to take care of our environment, focusing mainly on pollution. It also talks a bit about greed and the trouble it can cause. M enjoyed it and has asked for it several times.
The Little Red Caboose, by Marian Potter:image
We are now the owners of this classic Little Golden Book, and since M loves all things train-related (really, who doesn’t?) it’s a big hit with him. The little red caboose feels sorry for itself, always being at the end of the train, but ends up being a hero (and finding contentment in being himself), when it saves the train from falling down a mountain. And the illustrations are adorable!
Check out Mouse Grows, Mouse Learns for more book recommendations!
Have a beautiful day! :)

5 comments:

  1. Both of those are ones I really love. We actually own 3 copies of it because it was a giveaway at a library event.
    I remember by 2nd grade teacher doing a whole unit study on the Lorax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm a big Dr. Seuss fan too and haven't read The Lorax. I have heard of it and I will definitely be picking it up to read over Earth Day in a couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read that one either - and I'm also a big Dr. Seuss fan. I'll definitely pick it up to read with the kids during Earth Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining this week! I already thought of reading The Lorax for Earth Day this year. Anna quite liked it last year, but I think that she might find it scary now. I agree with you it's an awesome book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment; I love reading them! If you ask a question and don't receive a personal reply, check back here for the answer. Often I reply via comment to something that might be of interest to others.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...