Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Stringing Ornaments and Spelling Names (printable included!)

I found a  fun activity at kizclub.com, and tweaked it a bit for my own purposes…
blog pics 019
Now one of M’s shelf activities for the week is this stringing and spelling activity.  I am working on helping him identify his name, so I created these ornaments from cardstock and then made a mini-picture of what his name should look like once the ornaments are strung together.blog pics 022
I also made one that spells Mommy and one that spells Daddy.  Hopefully by the end of the week we’ll have all three hanging on the wall. :)

I traced my ornament template onto several pieces of colored cardstock, cut them out, added details and letters with a black marker, then laminated them.  I punched two holes at the top where the hanger would be for real ornaments, and put it all in a box with a needle and yarn.  M loved doing this, and loved that it was his name and his “special letters”!  blog pics 016
The printable I’ve created has the large ornament template as well as rows of smaller ornaments in color.  You can print these and cut them where you need to, then add the letters you want with a black marker.  I’ve included a page of black and white ones too if you want to color them in yourself or use different colors.  There are instructions on the first page of the .pdf file.  Click the image below to take a look and download:imageHave a beautiful day! :)

8 comments:

  1. Great idea! Love it! Thanks for sharing the printable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so awesome. Always doing such great activities. I feel like I am so behind the game and sitting in limbo here at the inlaws. So much was packed. I don't even have card stock and I can't justify buying any b/c I have so much sitting in storage. Jan. will be a new yr and we will begin new things. We should be in NY on the 28th of Dec. Sorry for the rambling. Just really wanted to say, "You Go Girl."

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this!! You are my hero - always coming up with amazing things. Thank you thank you for sharing everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so very creative - I liked the picture of M stringing his name together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm impressed cutting out all those letters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to promote name recognition and to build on eye-hand coordination. I love all the bright colors too - great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this and doing it with my daughter, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment; I love reading them! If you ask a question and don't receive a personal reply, check back here for the answer. Often I reply via comment to something that might be of interest to others.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...